Legal documents to be checked before buying a property in India.
Buying a house or flat is a dream coming true for a common man. It always gives immense pleasure to buy your own property. Today’s market is full of hundreds of options depends upon your budget, location or segment. Hundreds of brands of the builders, small developers or property brokers promoting their properties for sale and try to reach you in every possible way. To buy a property or flat of your choice has become very easy. But on the other side we come across many news of cheating or fraud or misrepresentation in the property related transactions.
Hence, it is very much important to keenly verify and check every property related paper or document before you enter into any such transaction. It is always advisable to take a help of a lawyer or a legal expert for the same.
If you are buying a property through a broker or mediator, it is always advisable to have a thorough meeting with the owner or the title holder of the property.
After fixing the basic price consideration and the additional charges, i.e. after fixing the basic economic terms, first thing you should do is collect the property related documents necessary to verify.
If you are buying a flat of resale then in such case the documents you should ask for are:
1. The property card or title certificate.
2. The title deed or the mother document
3. The tax paid receipts
4. The torence plan of the property or the blue print
5. The society membership documents or share certificate
6. Previous loan related documents or statement
7. Commencement letter issued to the builder
8. Completion certificate issued to the builder
News and Articles
- Picture Gallery International Conference of Jurists; Mumbai; March 25, 2017
- How Advocate can Help you in Buying Property
- GST A step towards Make In India
- SLIENT FEATURES OF A TOP LAW FIRMS
- Decision of Bombay High Court on common law right over the trademark
- HOW TO BUY A CLEAN PROPERTY
- Property Inspection Before Buying Real Estate
- Buyer due diligence as end users
- Documents Due Diligence to avoid fraud in buying property
- Features of Real Estate Regulator Bill 2016
- Mixed Land Use in Delhi
- SpiceJet Airlines directed to compensate for lost luggage of passenger
- List Of Builders Against Whom Relief Sought
- Case law for mother in law Domestic violence act
- Sample Questions – Landlord & Tenant
- How safe is the property of an NRI in India
- What is Zero FIR ? Ziro FIR
- Husband is not bound to maintain a well qualified wife who is sitting idle and not working
- Sample Questions – Criminal Offences Criminal Law.
- Legal documents to be checked before buying a property in India.
- Officer who stood up to Mulayam Singh Yadav gets SC relief
- Sale under SARFEASI Act –Vs- Attachment under Chit Funds Act – Priority case
- Registered Office
- E-165, Kamla Nagar,
- Delhi Office
- Regus,Suite No. 06 & 07, Lower Ground Floor, at Shivaji Stadium Metro Station, Airport Express Line, New Delhi-110001
- Office Phone No.
- (+91) 11 6679 7788
- Office Fax No.
- (+91) 11 6679 7703
- Delhi Office 2
- Level 1, (Regus) Red Fort Capital Parsvnath Towers, Bhai Veer Singh Marg, Gole Market, New Delhi 110001
- Phone no:
- (+91) 11 6678 2492
- Fax no:
- (+91) 11 6678 2403
- UAE Office
- PO Box-3718, Ajman, UAE
- London Office
- 82 Clenshaw Path Basildon Essex SS142FP United Kingdom