Sale under SARFEASI Act –Vs- Attachment under Chit Funds Act – Priority case
Mortgage by deposit of title deeds created on 19/02/2010 by executing Memorandum of Deposit and presented for registration on the same day. However, Registration completed on 27/01/2011. On default in repayment of loan, the property sold by secured creditor. But registration refused by Sub-Registrar in view of order of attachment obtained by Chit Fund Company on 25/01/2011
Whether the attachment order by Arbitrator under Chit Funds Act prohibits sale under SARFEASI Act ?
The mortgage was created earlier to order of attachment. Subsequent registration of Memorandum of Deposit of Title deed dates back to the date of execution. Hence sale deed by secured creditor directed to be registered.
Punjab National Bank –Vs- The Secretary to Government, Commercial Taxes and Registration Department – W.P.No:16847 of 2015 – Hon’ble Mr.Justice M.M.Sundresh – Order dated 01/10/2015
News and Articles
- Picture Gallery International Conference of Jurists; Mumbai; March 25, 2017
- How Advocate can Help you in Buying Property
- GST A step towards Make In India
- SLIENT FEATURES OF A TOP LAW FIRMS
- Decision of Bombay High Court on common law right over the trademark
- HOW TO BUY A CLEAN PROPERTY
- Property Inspection Before Buying Real Estate
- Buyer due diligence as end users
- Documents Due Diligence to avoid fraud in buying property
- Features of Real Estate Regulator Bill 2016
- Mixed Land Use in Delhi
- SpiceJet Airlines directed to compensate for lost luggage of passenger
- List Of Builders Against Whom Relief Sought
- Case law for mother in law Domestic violence act
- Sample Questions – Landlord & Tenant
- How safe is the property of an NRI in India
- What is Zero FIR ? Ziro FIR
- Husband is not bound to maintain a well qualified wife who is sitting idle and not working
- Sample Questions – Criminal Offences Criminal Law.
- Legal documents to be checked before buying a property in India.
- Officer who stood up to Mulayam Singh Yadav gets SC relief
- Sale under SARFEASI Act –Vs- Attachment under Chit Funds Act – Priority case
- Registered Office
- E-165, Kamla Nagar,
- Delhi Office
- Regus,Suite No. 06 & 07, Lower Ground Floor, at Shivaji Stadium Metro Station, Airport Express Line, New Delhi-110001
- Office Phone No.
- (+91) 11 6679 7788
- Office Fax No.
- (+91) 11 6679 7703
- Delhi Office 2
- Level 1, (Regus) Red Fort Capital Parsvnath Towers, Bhai Veer Singh Marg, Gole Market, New Delhi 110001
- Phone no:
- (+91) 11 6678 2492
- Fax no:
- (+91) 11 6678 2403
- UAE Office
- PO Box-3718, Ajman, UAE
- London Office
- 82 Clenshaw Path Basildon Essex SS142FP United Kingdom