WHAT IS ZERO FIR ?ZERO FIR
Zero FIR (Zero First Information Report)means that a FIR can be registered in any Police Station, on receipt of complaint, irrespective of its territorial jurisdiction and the same can be transferred later to the appropriate Police Station After collection of evidences by Police.(Appropriate police station is one within whose local jurrisdiction the offence actually taken place)For example an offence of Murder took place at some area which comes under the jurisdiction of Police Station PUNE. The person who saw the deadbody at BOMBAY approached the nearest Police Station at BOMBAY and informed the same. In such a situation police incharge of BOMBAY police Station cannot excuse themselves saying that the case does not fall within their jurisdiction and it falls within the jurrisdiction of PUNE Police Station. They should take immediate action (like collecting samples, getting information from eye witnesses, etc.). Later the case will be transferred to Police Station PUNE police Station.ZERO FIR can be filed at any police station – even ifyou are far off from the place of incident and you may/ may not be sure of the correct jurisdiction? Place where the offence actually taken place? There are provisions to do so and the same can be transferred to the appropriate police station limits when these are available. Such an FIR is called the Zero FIR!However, there are chances that the police station you visit may plead unawareness of such a concept.You should still report an FIR for the record the evidences need to be collected in very short span like blood samples, port martem Report and statement of eye witnesses etc. are required to be collected immediately otherwise it may gets destroyed or tampered by Offenders.Why Zero FIR needed?Incidents like accident, murder and rape require immediate action from the concerned authorities and rush to take samples, getting information from eye witnesses and getting circumstantial details. A Zero FIR helps to take note of this initial action regardless of trying to figure out in which limits or territorial jurrisdiction the crime / offencetook place.Case Laws:--------------• Satvinder Kaur vs Govt. of NCT of Delhi on 5/10/1999 (AIR 1999, 1031)• Ramesh Kumari vs Govt. of NCT Delhi on 21/2/2006.
News and Articles
- How Advocate can Help you in Buying Property
- GST A step towards Make In India
- SLIENT FEATURES OF A TOP LAW FIRMS
- HOW TO BUY A CLEAN PROPERTY
- Property Inspection Before Buying Real Estate
- Buyer due diligence as end users
- Documents Due Diligence to avoid fraud in buying property
- Features of Real Estate Regulator Bill 2016
- Mixed Land Use in Delhi
- SpiceJet Airlines directed to compensate for lost luggage of passenger
- List Of Builders Against Whom Relief Sought
- Case law for mother in law Domestic violence act
- Sample Questions – Landlord & Tenant
- How safe is the property of an NRI in India
- What is Zero FIR ? Ziro FIR
- Husband is not bound to maintain a well qualified wife who is sitting idle and not working
- Sample Questions – Criminal Offences Criminal Law.
- Legal documents to be checked before buying a property in India.
- Officer who stood up to Mulayam Singh Yadav gets SC relief
- Sale under SARFEASI Act –Vs- Attachment under Chit Funds Act – Priority case
- Registered Office
- E-165, Kamla Nagar,
- Delhi Office
- Regus,Suite No. 06 & 07, Lower Ground Floor, at Shivaji Stadium Metro Station, Airport Express Line, New Delhi-110001
- Office Phone No.
- (+91) 11 6679 7788
- Office Fax No.
- (+91) 11 6679 7703
- Delhi Office 2
- Level 1, (Regus) Red Fort Capital Parsvnath Towers, Bhai Veer Singh Marg, Gole Market, New Delhi 110001
- Phone no:
- (+91) 11 6678 2492
- Fax no:
- (+91) 11 6678 2403
- UAE Office
- PO Box-3718, Ajman, UAE
- London Office
- 82 Clenshaw Path Basildon Essex SS142FP United Kingdom